Search A Light In The Darkness

Saturday 19 January 2019

Favourite's Collection #196


It's been a while since I added an Australian national icon to my favourite's collection. Kangaroos are known around the world, and are instantly recognised as Australia. I can still remember back in 2008 when I saw my first 'wild' Kangaroo. The majority of Australians take them for granted and don't pay much attention to them when they are around them in the bush etc. In fact, most Australians see them as a nuisance and fon't have a conscience when Kangaroo culls take place, just because mankind has encroached on their natural habitat and they get in the way of rich man's progress.

I always used to get real pleasure of walking the hills and trails around South Canberra, and spotting Kangaroos. I was always snap happy when it came to Kangaroos. As a result I have thousands of photos of them. If anyone reading this wishes to me send them some of the images, please feel free to email me at matthewjamesmedium@gmail.com and I will send you some (First 5 emails only).

When I went back in October last year, after 18 months absence, I couldn't wait to be surrounded by them again. I was not disappointed, for when I went back up the Urambi Hills there was a largr group of Kangaroos for me to photograph.