Search A Light In The Darkness

Sunday 29 July 2007

Meditation: "Feeling I am I"

I am existing. Go deep into this feeling. Just sitting, go deep into this feeling ― I am existing, I am. Feel it, don't think it, because you can say it in the mind ― I AM ― and it is futile. Your head is your undoing. Don’t go on repeating in the head I am, I am existing. It is futile, it is useless. You miss the point.

Feel it deep down in your bones. Feel it all over your body. Feel it as a total unit, not in the head. Just feel it ― I am. Don’t use the words “I am”.

Don’t make it a mantra, and sitting, don’t say, “I am existing.” There is no need. Everyone knows, and you know already that you are existing; there is no need, it is futile. Feel it ― I am existing. Feeling is a different thing, totally different.

Try it. And you can do it anywhere. Just riding on a bus, or traveling in a train, or just sitting, or lying down on your bed, try to feel existence as it is; don’t think about it.

When you start feeling existence, the whole world becomes alive to you in a totally new way; you have not known it. Then you pass through the same street and the street is not the same, because now you are grounded in existence. You meet the same friends but they are not the same, because you are different.

When you are rooted, you are one with the whole, and the existence exists for you. You are not a beggar; you become an emperor suddenly.

And while feeling this, don’t create a limit to it. Feel it inimitably. Don’t create a boundary to it; there is none. It ends nowhere. The world begins nowhere; the world ends nowhere. Existence has no beginning and no end. You also don’t have any beginning; you also don’t have any end.