Search A Light In The Darkness

Tuesday 1 November 2016

Thoughts to get you Thinking #62

"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."-- C.G. Jung

We get clues about our unconscious programming if we watch our reactions, responses, feelings and thoughts about other people and events. Ask yourself: How do I judge or stereotype people? What pushes my buttons? What makes me angry or fearful or sad?

The outer incidents that trigger these reactions in me simply MIRROR my own nature. If I didn't have beliefs around the issues that upset me, where would my reactions come from? If I didn't have some internal reference, I wouldn't react at all.

When outer events spark a reaction, we need to look inside to explore what's going on.

"We discover in ourselves what others hide from us and we recognize in others what we hide from ourselves."-- Vauvenargues