Search A Light In The Darkness

Friday 15 June 2018

A Word on 'Dragons Blood'

Dragon’s Blood is the red sap of the legendary tree, Sangre de Grado, which is indigenous to Brazil and Peru. The bark of Sangre de Grado tree, scientifically known as Croton lechleri, and when diagonal slashes are made into the tree, it then exudes a blood red resin called Dragon’s Blood.

Dragon’s Blood is full of plant chemicals that have been found to exert a number of beneficial properties. The Amazonians prize it for its ability to heal ulcers and intestinal disorders when used in controlled dosages.

Additionally, through much of the Amazon forest, Dragon’s Blood sap is the primary topical aid for cuts, wounds, burns, stings, rashes, insect bites and other compromised skin conditions. Scientists have found that Dragon’s Blood contains a wide range of naturally occurring compounds, some of which have been well studied. Chemical compounds such as proanthocyanidins, phytosterols, lignans and several alkaloids all help to reduce inflammation, redness and swelling whilst encouraging the healing of skin.

Another helpful property of Dragon’s Blood sap is the fact that it displays powerful antimicrobial, antiviral and antifungal activity, which is why it is used on infectious skin diseases such as folliculitis, impetigo, cellulitis and fungal infections, such as athlete’s foot and tinea. It is also extremely suitable for cold sores, verrucae and warts....read more>>>...

FOOTNOTE (Comment): I chose Dragon's Blood incense earlier for my sacred space (man Cave). Out of interest, back in early 2015 when I was still recovering from my really serious illness, and out of hospital, a close friend organised for a Peruvian Shaman and Healer to come to my house to give me some intensive healing. The Shaman was only in Australia for three weeks so it was a rare honour to get him to come to see me. Him and his Wife first examined me then wiped me with Newspaper in order to deduce my illnesses. He did an amazing Newspaper Xray assessment which was completely accurate. Then began the healing process which began with me drinking numerous drops of Dragon's Blood. It has a disgusting taste and does strange things at first ... until you get used to it. The Healer attended to me on two occasions, but because I was still extremely weak from my virtually 'dead' body ... he was unable to do the third stage of the healing. Instead he chose to undertake distance healing on me when  he got back to Peru. I was left with a small phial of Dragon's Blood. I can attribute his work on me to my extraordinary recovery! - Matthew James