Search A Light In The Darkness

Wednesday 13 February 2019

Favourite's Collection #205

I captured this image of a Nankeen Kestrel back in April 2016 on the Urambi Hills. This photograph reminds me so much of a very special time in my life when I had been befriended by a number of these magnificent Australian raptors. During this period I could guarantee a series of photographs most early mornings.

I have to admit I miss wandering the Urambi Hills at first light, with the wonderful air to breathe; the incredible scenery and the excitement of being able to capture photographs of such a wide range of native birds, including Nankeen Kestrels. I am fortunate to have a very large photographic gallery of these images to always remind me of that magical time in my life. It's just unfortunate that fate played its unprecedented hand, and led me away from Australia.