I have spent my adult life building things that work: laboratories,
clean food supply chains, AI research engines, and independent media
platforms that millions of people rely on every single day. From that
vantage point as an informed builder, I refuse to pretend that what I am
watching unfold right now across America and the broader West is
normal. I'm not witnessing a temporary rough patch in politics or a
cyclical economic downturn. I am witnessing the terminal stage of a
civilizational cognitive collapse, and I believe the real existential
threat facing humanity is not simply nuclear war, geoengineering, or
even rogue AI. It is something far more fundamental: the mass inability
of modern populations to ponder and embrace the future repercussions of
their present-day actions.
I call this Retardageddon. The word is deliberately blunt because
the phenomenon demands bluntness. Retardageddon is what happens when a
society loses the cognitive capacity to think past the coming weekend,
the next paycheck, or the next TikTok video. It is a world in which
living for "the now" is celebrated as enlightenment when it is actually a
civilizational suicide pact signed by people who do not even realize
they are holding the pen. Once a population can no longer reason about
consequences, no election, no policy reform, and no technological
breakthrough can save it from what follows...<<<Read More>>>...