Search A Light In The Darkness

Tuesday, 29 September 2026

The Transcendent Tech Economy: Abundance and Mass Poverty Will Arrive Together

 I believe the future will deliver staggering AI-driven abundance and mass poverty at the same time, not universal wealth. This is not a prediction I make lightly; it is a conclusion I have reached after tracking AI compute economics, memory supply chains, and the brutal realities of automation. We are not heading toward a Star Trek utopia where everyone shares in the spoils. We are heading toward what I call a "slumdog Star Wars" future: advanced "Godboxes" (a term Zach Vorhies introduced to me during a recent interview) and instant intelligence coexisting with slums, shantytowns and destitution.

The dividing line will not be access to information, because information is becoming free. The dividing line will be ownership of AI compute and tokens. If you own the hardware that generates intelligence, you capture the wealth. If you merely rent access from someone else's cloud, you remain a subject. I have said repeatedly that personal liberty is good and decentralization is critical, and nothing proves that faster than the coming AI economy. I believe the assumption that AI automatically makes everyone richer is dangerously wrong, and it is the single most costly mistake interested observers can make right now....<<<Read More>>>...