Search A Light In The Darkness

Tuesday 3 April 2007

Missing The Sun

The sun is hiding away,
Behind a blanket of white,
The world misses its presence,
Like a soul which yearns for a long lost friend

And the world is still turning,
Its seas constantly ebbing and flowing,
In one place the sun still shines,
I wonder why that cannot be here.

The trees moved by an invisible breeze,
Its presence passes through my window,
I smell distant places on its air,
And wonder what it's like to be there.

There where the sun is shining,
With waves lapping against a shore,
With blue skies above my head,
And the touch of warm sand on my feet.

I let my mind drift in time,
And I visit that distant shore,
Above the land is a warm sun shining,
But it doesn't feel right to me.

For I am glad of my moment in time,
It is home to me,
And I am glad of its presence in my life,
Thus I wait there for the sun to make its presence known once more.