Search A Light In The Darkness

Sunday 7 October 2007

I traced Maddie DNA to the sea

News of the World Headline; says: 'In a shock new twist, ex-cop Danie Krugel tracked a "forensic route" he believed her kidnapper took from her family's Portuguese holiday apartment through alleyways, roads and paths down to a nearby beach.

There the trail goes cold—crucially supporting the theory that Madeleine was then taken out to sea in a boat after being abducted on May 3. And the McCanns are convinced Krugel's evidence means four-year-old Maddie was taken ALIVE and gives them hope she can still be found.

The experienced investigator told us: "I spent four nights in July carrying out my searches. I've been able to trace where Madeleine was in the resort and have drawn a map which has been given to the police."I can't reveal details as I don't want to alert anyone who might try to disturb the scene. But I believe I've traced where she was taken that night and now it's down to police to use their search experts to do the rest. The area to which my investigation led me is a difficult one to search."