Saturday, 16 July 2016
Thoughts to get you Thinking #14
We can transform painful memories by re-imagining them from the soul's perspective of love and meaning.
Andrew Schneider says that all experiences have the purpose of serving the soul. An experience in the past blocked us because our fear at the time distorted our perception of what happened. To transform this limiting experience, we must bring what was then unconscious into the soul's realm through consciousness.
We can do this by following these steps:
1. RECALL the past experience that might inhibit us.
2. OWN the experience (no judgment, blame, etc.).
3. TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for it and the consequences (i.e., the experience was determined by my subjective perception of what occurred, dictated by my lack of wholeness -- specifically my fears).
4. GIVE IT MEANING (the soul was attempting to gain some kind of mastery or skill, but we didn't know that at the time).
5. RE-IMAGINE it from the perspective of soul consciousness (showing its higher purpose).
"Letting go of our suffering is the hardest work we will ever do. It is also the most fruitful. To heal means to meet ourselves in a new way -- in the newness of each moment where all is possible and nothing is limited to the old." -- Stephen Levine