Search A Light In The Darkness

Monday 7 May 2007

Stairway To Heaven - Because I live with satan ..

"All yours, here's to my sweet satan, The one who's little path would make me sad, who's power is fake. He will give you, give you 666. There was a little toolshed where he made us suffer, sad satan."

I'm totally, totally shocked. My ALL TIME favourite song is Stairway To Heaven by Led Zeppelin. I've played it countless times since I first heard it back in the early 80's. I've tried to make sense of the lyrics ... thought them to be white magic and very spiritual but ...

I was sceptical when I read this link. I was sceptical when I started listening to the links below. 'Backwards masking' has never been of interest to me ... I've never really taken it seriously. I heard about it whilst at Sixth Form and at Polytechnic. I experimented with vinyl records ... playing the 'suspect' songs myself but I never heard anything .... so you can imagine my shock when I could CLEARLY hear the above words when my all time favourite song was played backwards ....

The links below are mind opening to say the least ....

Led Zeppelin (ZOSO - 1971)
Stairway to heaven - as we know it
"If there's a bustle in your hedgerow Don't be alarmed now It's just a spring clean from the May Queen. Yes, there are two paths you can go by; but in the long run, There's still time to change the road you're on."

Stairway to heaven - what THEY really meant
"All yours, here's to my sweet satan, The one who's little path would make me sad, who's power is fake. He will give you, give you 666. There was a little toolshed where he made us suffer, sad satan."

More Led Zeppelin examples
Stairway to heaven - as we know it (played a bit slower)
Stairway to heaven - "All yours, here's to my sweet satan. The one who's little path would make me sad, who's power is fake!" (played a bit slower)

Stairway to heaven - as we know it "Your stairway lies on the whi..."
Stairway to heaven - "Because I live with satan."