Search A Light In The Darkness

Monday 24 June 2013

'The Arrival Of The Moon'

I opened my eyes and gazed into the eyes of my friend, Akrah. He was back.

“My friend, come. Follow me now. There is something you must see”, he insisted before picking me up off the floor where I was lain.

He led me along a narrow and winding passageway, past the shanty town dwellings which were home to the fish people. The stench of fish oil was unbearable. Along litter strewn paths he led me until we reached the shore. A night sky full of stars met me when I finally caught up with him at the waters edge. I regained back control of my breathing, “why have you brought me here my friend?”

“Look!” He pointed to the heavens.

I followed the direction of his pointing hand and saw it. The planetoid hung huge on the horizon ... its silvery glow reflected off the sea. The demon world had arrived! The prophecy had been fulfilled.

“The time is now short”, he began. “The time of chaos is now upon us. Our sister world will break orbit with our world in the next decade. Already the ecological balance of our world is lost. The planetoids magnetic field has started to influence the orbit of our world. Soon chaos will be unleashed. The cult of Belial is prepared, we are not. The cult of Belial wished this reality on our world. It is part of their plan. My friend, there is nothing we can do but wait. The surface of our world will be reaped once more. We must venture to far places quickly to let others know of what is occurring here.”

The next morning I bombarded Akrah with a barrage of questions. How were we going to travel? Who were we going to meet? How did I fit in with his plans? What would become of our peoples?"
--- copyright Matthew James - extract taken from The Chronicles Of Ezra