Search A Light In The Darkness

Saturday 24 November 2018

Favourite's Collection #158



My only regret is that so many of my images hadn't been captured with a more sophisticated (Or expensive) camera. Then they really would have made to cut. My Nikon Coolpix P610 is really good to a certain point; but having seen the works of a professional photographer today, I can see how far away they are from real commercial quality. But anyway, I'm not a professional photographer and I don't have the £10,000 camera and telephoto lens combination. That had never been my intention.

This favourite's collection has been taking a number of direct hits from people who've e-mailed me over the poor quality of my photography. The audacity! Let me remind folk this is a personal blog, and while the criticism doesn't bother me, there is a time and a place for it elsewhere.

Anyway, back to the photo. This Nankeen Kestrel was photographed on the Urambi Hills on full zoom lens. I spotted it as a speck in the sky and watched it land in the bush quite a distance from me. These images were captured without tripod and without a single waver in my arms!