Search A Light In The Darkness

Sunday 25 November 2018

Favourite's Collection #159


I've found it really difficult to capture any decent photographs of these gorgeous Australian Native birds. I don't have an SLR camera with a telephoto lens. My tool of the amateur trade is a digital camera with a 4.2 - 258mm 60x wide optical zoom. I've decided that it takes quite a bit of skill (And luck) to get images of this reasonable quality.

The Superb Fairy Wrens rarely stand still for less than a second, and by the time you've gone click, click, they've move on to another spot. I've chosen this particular image ... for the Favourite's Collection ... however, the original image was taken with the Fairy Wren much smaller as it was not as close as this image depicts. The zooming/scaling was undertaken by the camera after I'd taken the original photograph.

If anyone sees the whinger on Google + who berates my photographs, and has single handedly decided all my photographs are crap, please ignore his comments (If I miss them and haven't deleted them). He and some other accounts are an annoyance. However, I suspect this gentleman works alone and has a number of fake accounts. He bears a grudge ... and is just a pain in the bum.