Search A Light In The Darkness

Wednesday 1 November 2006

A Host of Images


1st November 2006
For someone who once declared 'I can't draw' and who dropped Art at High School to pursue Extra Maths .... I've blossomed into a purveyor of images I have entitled 'SkyArt'.

I have countless hundreds of images, drawings, sketches, illustrations .... all unique, in pencil, black ink, watercolours and more recently on computer (Paint Shop Pro) ...

I'm not business minded. But I am envious of the thousands of artists and illustrators out there who earn a living producing imagery with a similar flair to my own.

I decided a twenty years ago to join an art college. I took a portfolio of images for review. However, I lost my temper when I was asked for 'the first and second sketch' of the images I'd drawn plus 'the history of the image' ....
I draw first go without any preliminary sketches etc etc.

Therefore I realised the 'rules' of another human establishment were not for me. I follow no particular style or mould. After all ... who was there to criticise the world's very FIRST artist? He or she would just have drawn! Would have not known there were styles or techniques to learn. Therefore why not me? Why should I follow the path of others ...

You laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at you because you are all the same!


So ... I'm in a bit of a rut over all of this. I keep drawing my SkyArt but have no direction to point the arrow at .... I need inspiration as to what I should do with my masterpieces. I guess I fell short of the mark by NOT joining an art college or by being conventional.

I need guiddance from somewhere ... what to do with my pieces ... help anyone?

I have images of STONEHENGE, AVEBURY, CASTLERIGG, THE ENGLISH LAKE DISTRICT, GLASTONBURY, SCOTLAND, NEW ZEALAND

... All gathering dust in the virtual reality world of my laptop hard drive!

I guess it's not too late for something to happen! I'm feeling the need ... pushed even by hidden forces ... to come from out of the shadows and let myself be in the spotlight ... even if the light I see before me is merely the deadlights of a head on train!

I seek therefore a SAVIOUR or a CATALYST or someone to lead me by the hand towards success ....

It would be a perfect scenario ... with the barren wastes which I venture through.

Is my True Teacher out there then? Someone to guide this lost soul through a host of images? To make sense of this ancient soul and its encrypted message?

I seek thus the true one ....